Survival Training is designed to provide all aircrew and passengers traveling over water and remote environments with the knowledge and skills necessary to react to an aircraft ditching emergency, care for themselves in a remote survival situation, and to participate in their rescue. Training can make a real difference when faced with a real-life survival situation.
Training covers a wide range of topics including training in ditching procedures, emergency flotation, raft management, survival at sea, search and rescue, how to use an aircraft survival kit, immediate post-crash concerns, and how to signal distress once safely in the water or on ground. You will learn the fundamentals of sea, polar, desert and jungle survival, how to assist others, and how to participate in your own rescue.
Our training facilities incorporate state-of-the art environmental effects and equipment. Practical training scenarios will help you react intuitively and effectively in a life-threatening situation. To imitate reality as closely as possible, you will train in a simulator configured to replicate the aircraft you fly in, and participate in survival training rooms replicating real-life environments. You will also train with the same equipment you use on a daily basis.
Survival Training covers all subjects required by the General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA).
Upon completion of this training course in Crew Resource Management Training for Aircrew – Initial, participants will be able to:
- Identify Human Factors in aviation
- Explain CRM principles and objectives
- Explain how CRM supports a safe and efficient flight operation
- Explain Human Performance and limitations
- Apply Non-Technical Skills effectively including situational awareness, communication, teamwork, leadership, workload management, decision-making and assertiveness
- Demonstrate effective communication between the flight deck and cabin
- Demonstrate effective communication and coordination with other operational personnel and ground services
- Assess attitudes, behaviors and personality
- Develop strategies to manage threats, conflict, and errors, and minimize their consequences
- Identify and manage fatigue and vigilance
- Explain the effects of stress and develop effective stress management techniques
- Demonstrate assertiveness
- Describe the importance of self-assessment, self-critique and feedback
- Identify and understand cultural differences
- Describe the Surprise and Startle Effect and its impact on situational awareness and resilience
Delivery: The course is delivered at Dynamic Advanced Training, Dubai South, in both classroom and simulated environments.
Duration: One day
Suitability: Pilots and Cabin Crew, with a focus on private and business aviation, Ground and Flight Operations.Recognition and Accreditation: All participants who complete the course receive a certificate of completion issued by Dynamic Advanced Training.